Welcome Guest !
(Forum still under construction)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Guest !
(Forum still under construction)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attention, members. Please visit the Announcements before posting anywhere. And yes, the forum is still under construction.

4 posters

Knuckles...and his knuckles o.o;

MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Dash Points : 18

Knuckles...and his knuckles o.o; Empty Knuckles...and his knuckles o.o;

Post by MauEvig Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Sooo...this is a discussion about the spikes on Knuckles' knuckles. Do you guys think that his spikes are literally on his knuckles, like, attached? Or do you think they're just on his gloves?
    Although most of us can agree that the archie Sonic comics aren't canon, I've always pictured Knuckles having the spikes actually ON his Knuckles, like shown here:
    Knuckles...and his knuckles o.o; 180px-Knuckles_without_his_glove
    But in the games, they never show Knuckles without his gloves on. (or any of the Sonic characters for that matter) But Knuckles is the only one with the spikes on his hands...well...besides the rest of the Knuckles tribe. It's also noted that the females in the tribe like Tikal, don't have the spikes.
    So here's my thoughts on this, I think they are attached because that's why Knuckles has his name, if I remember right from the Sonic 3 manual (it's a little foggy for me to think about right now) is that Knuckles was named for the spikes on his Knuckles. It doesn't say spikes on his gloves, just his knuckles.
    But if they are just part of the gloves, it would make for a better explanation for why the females don't have them...because it might only be a thing the warriors wear. From what we know of the Knuckles clan, there weren't any female warriors. (Sexist I know, but still true.)
    I did have a theory though that the females do have the spikes, but females can retract them. However, this also comes from the comics, and this only applies to Knuckles and his daughter Lara-su. Even though I have given up on the comics and Knuckles/Julie-su, I still liked the retractable Knuckles idea and gave them to his fan daughter with Shade.
    So what do you guys think? Real spikes or spikes on the gloves? I say real.
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Location : Unknown. I can't tell you, or it wouldn't be a secret.

Knuckles...and his knuckles o.o; Empty Re: Knuckles...and his knuckles o.o;

Post by SonicChao4Life Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:28 pm

I put that same pic on another topic xD
    And I think they're real, otherwise Knuckles would be a weakling. xP
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Oh, was that topic related to his knuckles? o.o
    Sorry if I made two topics about it.
    But yeah I think they're real too. And Knuckles is a tough guy.
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Dash Points : 27

Post by EchidnaPower Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 pm

I always wondered about this. But I feel that Knuckles and his tribe were special, because as far as I can tell, the Nocturnus didn't have spikes. NONE of them, male or female. Perhaps it's something that only Knuckles' tribe had?
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:20 pm

Which could be why they were called the Knuckles tribe.
    But then again why wouldn't the females have them?
    Unless it's something kind of like...y'know how only the males in Lion prides have a mane? Or in Deer only the males have antlers? It could be something like that. But that doesn't seem fair. Darn you sexist sega...
    That's why I prefer to believe that the females have the ability to retract theirs. At least this way the females still get to have the spikes.
    I don't think it would be just the gloves, but some people seem to think such.
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Post by EchidnaPower Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:38 pm

But imagine this. If the girls can retract theirs, they'd be like Wolverine. o_O Besides, why didn't Tikal use them to defend herself instead of getting run over?
    JustSheir
    JustSheir
    Graduated Hero
    Graduated Hero

Dash Points : 1

Post by JustSheir Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:21 am

I always thought they were like 'claws' I mean like... he's got mittens on so he'd got no fingers to show for claws for digging which Echidnas do.

Besides they're not knuckles they're nipples.

And speaking of girls not havign them:
    Amy doens't have spikes on her back like the male hedgehogs.

*I don't count Nocturnus as cannon really me.
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Amy had spikes in her original design, I think she just combed them down to look more like dreadlocks. The new design of Amy makes me think she's part echidna. lol.
    If the girls had them, sure they'd be like wolverine; and that would be awesome! But maybe Tikal didn't use them because well...it's not customary for girls to fight in the Knuckles clan? But what about Sonic adventure 2 battle, couldn't she fly and climb and stuff? (in two player mode)
    I just think Tikal isn't really much of a fighter. She rather resolve things peacefully.
    And I count Chronicles as canon; it might not have been produced by Sega, but the story takes place in the game universe. I always thought it'd be interesting to see another tribe of echidnas; and I got my wish. I also really like Shade, and she's my second favorite female next to Blaze. Though if Honey was brought back from being scrapped and possibly Tiara, I think I'd end up liking them too. XD;
    But those are cats, not echidnas.
    Oh and what do you mean by they're "nipples?" O.o; I would think the echidnas would have claws...and the cats. *shot* XP
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Post by EchidnaPower Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:25 pm

I'd rather not try and figure out what JustShier meant personally. And yeah, she resolves things peacefully, but she should know that if she can defend herself, it's better than being killed. o_O

Some cats like lions can retract their claws whenever they want, so there is some logic in the idea. And...Tikal's the only girl we ever see. How do we know there were no battling girls? I wonder if SEGA ever explains why.
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

You mean in the Knuckles clan? Because obviously there's female warriors in the Nocturnus clan.
    I think Sega's just sexist...that's why. I mean, how many female characters are actually really tough and not all that prissy girlly girlly?
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Post by EchidnaPower Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 pm

There are a couple, but they always have at least demeaning characteristic. Yes, that includes Blaze. She's too intense, Amy's too crazy, Cream is too...Creamy...

And we ALL know what's wrong with Rouge.
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:37 pm

The males have their demeaning characteristics too though. Look at hot headed Knuckles who always gets tricked by someone. Then there's Sonic himself, who seems too perfect; and I hate how the world is suddenly doomed if Sonic's not there. It's like, no one else has the power to stop the evil forces around them. You'd think Shadow, Knuckles, and many of the other characters could hold their own.
    Personally I think Blaze is THE perfect character in the Sonic Universe. She's a well rounded character who goes from being shy to learning to accept friendship, and still has a tough chick attitude. I really don't see how you think she's too intense.
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Post by EchidnaPower Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:42 pm

MauEvig wrote:The males have their demeaning characteristics too though. Look at hot headed Knuckles who always gets tricked by someone. Then there's Sonic himself, who seems too perfect; and I hate how the world is suddenly doomed if Sonic's not there. It's like, no one else has the power to stop the evil forces around them. You'd think Shadow, Knuckles, and many of the other characters could hold their own.
    Personally I think Blaze is THE perfect character in the Sonic Universe. She's a well rounded character who goes from being shy to learning to accept friendship, and still has a tough chick attitude. I really don't see how you think she's too intense.

Meh, there's no such thing as a PERFECT character in my opinion. But let's get back on topic.
    JustSheir
    JustSheir
    Graduated Hero
    Graduated Hero

Dash Points : 1

Post by JustSheir Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:02 pm

A comic. Is what I meant.

And no not Amy's head quills the back back spines, on her shoulders, don't exist but there's no other girl hogs to prove it wrong.
    Don't get me wrong I don't think Shade is any less of a character, she's just not cannon to me, like Cosmo isn't to me, I love Cosmo, but she'll never appear in the main games and neither with Shade will she?
    So I don't think they're good references seeing as they're not made by Sega's design team who decide really what goes in and out of the designs.
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Vector, Espio, and Charmy weren't originally canon to the games either, and then they appeared in Heroes. XP So I think there's a distinct possibility that if Shade had a big enough fan following, that she could (and should) appear in future games.
    But as EP said, let's get back on topic. The topic is about Knuckles' spikes being on his Knuckles, and the topic kind of goes into further detail regarding other echidnas and whether or not they also have spikes.
    It's possible that Knuckles alone was special, and that could be why he's got the Knuckles too. That would seem a little more fair in my opinion than all the males having spikes and the females not. I don't care whether it occurs in nature or not. XP But the Knuckles Clan was portrayed with spikes on their knuckles, at least the males were. In my fan stories the females in the Knuckles clan have retractable claws, since Knuckles' fan daughter does, but this is just my way of making the story less sexist. My fan stories are kind of irrelevant, but that's how I handle the mystery personally.
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Post by EchidnaPower Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:50 pm

MauEvig wrote:Vector, Espio, and Charmy weren't originally canon to the games either, and then they appeared in Heroes. XP So I think there's a distinct possibility that if Shade had a big enough fan following, that she could (and should) appear in future games.
    But as EP said, let's get back on topic. The topic is about Knuckles' spikes being on his Knuckles, and the topic kind of goes into further detail regarding other echidnas and whether or not they also have spikes.
    It's possible that Knuckles alone was special, and that could be why he's got the Knuckles too. That would seem a little more fair in my opinion than all the males having spikes and the females not. I don't care whether it occurs in nature or not. XP But the Knuckles Clan was portrayed with spikes on their knuckles, at least the males were. In my fan stories the females in the Knuckles clan have retractable claws, since Knuckles' fan daughter does, but this is just my way of making the story less sexist. My fan stories are kind of irrelevant, but that's how I handle the mystery personally.

According to the comics, The M.E. mutated Knux's egg? o_O
    (Except echidnas don't have eggs)
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Real echidnas do. They're one of only two mammalian species that lay eggs. Here's a quote from Wikipedia:

[b]Echidnas (pronounced /ɨˈkɪdnə/), also known as spiny anteaters,[2] belong to the family Tachyglossidae in the monotreme order of egg-laying mammals. There are four extant species, which, together with the Platypus, are the only surviving members of that order and are the only extant mammals that lay eggs.[3] Although their diet consists largely of ants and termites, they are only distantly related to the true anteaters of the Americas. They live in New Guinea and Australia. The echidnas are named after a monster in ancient Greek mythology.

And yes. Sort of. His own father (in the comics) subjected his egg to Chaos Emerald Radiation. In the comics, at one point in time there were millions of Chaos Emeralds that could be found, and one of those emeralds kept the island floating in the sky. Then a huge battle took place between Mammoth Mogul (enemy in the comics) and Super Sonic, "Hyper" Knuckles, and "Turbo" Tails. In the end, Mogul was trapped in the Emerald for a while, and the "ME" was like a combination of 12 different emeralds...or was it 13? I can't remember. But the Chaos Energy from Mogul became part of what became the Master Emerald. Mogul escaped, but the ME was restored.
    Also; in the comics Tikal and Chaos came out of the "Black Emerald" found in the ancient civilization of the Knuckles Clan, the warrior sect of the echidnas who came out of their advanced civilization in Albion to explore mobius.
    And I'm going off in a complete tangent...to make a long story short: The comic's stories are complicated. Especially if you aren't familiar with them. XD But they have some of the comics posted on Joseppi's website if you want to read them. They don't have issue 25 on there yet.
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Post by EchidnaPower Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Huh, and here I thought the only ones that laid eggs were platypuses...err...platypi...platypeople? You know what I mean. xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:11 pm