Welcome Guest !
(Forum still under construction)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Guest !
(Forum still under construction)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attention, members. Please visit the Announcements before posting anywhere. And yes, the forum is still under construction.

+3
MauEvig
supersonicdx
EchidnaPower
7 posters

Amy Rose: The Character Discussed

SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Dash Points : 18
    Location : Unknown. I can't tell you, or it wouldn't be a secret.

Amy Rose: The Character Discussed - Page 3 Empty Re: Amy Rose: The Character Discussed

Post by SonicChao4Life Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:54 am

MauEvig wrote:I like her, I think she's strong willed and determined, and always stands up for what she believes in. She's always willing to help out a friend no matter what. She's also brave and strong, and I wouldn't mess with her piko piko hammer.
    Her only flaw in my opinion is that she's always chasing Sonic; instead of being her own person she can be a bit of a door mat.
    Door mat? LOL, that's a nice way of putting it.
    I guess that Amy is kind of a backup army, in my way of putting it. If Amy wasn't there to kill Eggman in that episode of Sonic X, Sonic would've died. Sad
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Amy Rose: The Character Discussed - Page 3 Empty Re: Amy Rose: The Character Discussed

Post by MauEvig Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Go ahead and laugh but I first heard the term on a Soap Opera forum, used to describe some of the women that were way too reliant on the men and allowed themselves to be walked all over. According to the Urban Dictionary, that's exactly what a doormat is, someone who allows themselves to be walked all over. I'm applying this term to Amy because despite the fact that Sonic always runs away from her, she's still chasing after him and letting him be the center of her world. Amy has a lot of good qualities, including the fact that she's a good fighter and sticks up for what she believes in, and for her only purpose to be Sonic's girlfriend greatly diminishes the potential for her character and overshadows her good qualities.
    So anyway, I like Amy the character, but not Amy the Sonic chaser or SonAmy.
    So I stand firm on the opinion that even if Sonic and Amy had a date, it was probably on Amy's terms and Sonic was probably just going along with it to get her to shut it. Either that, or Sonic just figures they're just going as friends.
    I would really like to see more to her character besides just trying to trap Sonic into a relationship. Besides, what sort of role model is this to young girls who no doubt see it as ok to chase a guy no matter how uninterested he is in them?
    So I don't like SonAmy, and though I'm not entirely unopposed to the idea, I just don't think their "relationship" would be a healthy one. It can't be a one way street and that's exactly how it is, and always has been with SonAmy.
    Skyle369
    Skyle369
    Tiny Titan
    Tiny Titan

Dash Points : 4

Post by Skyle369 Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:39 pm

Amy, she is just a dreamer. I just know that she won't be able to get Sonic as his boyfriend since she is so childish and so much obsessed with him.
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:53 am

Skyle369 wrote:Amy, she is just a dreamer. I just know that she won't be able to get Sonic as his boyfriend since she is so childish and so much obsessed with him.
    She's 12. I don't think she can really get a date with Sonic just yet. Razz

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:56 am

Oh she will, eventually, if SEGA agree to my demands that if they dont I will steal all of their DORITOES!
    Scar
    Scar
    Super Hero
    Super Hero

Dash Points : 7

Post by Scar Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 pm

MauEvig wrote:
    So I stand firm on the opinion that even if Sonic and Amy had a date, it was probably on Amy's terms and Sonic was probably just going along with it to get her to shut it.

LOL! Good one! Laughing
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Skyle369 wrote:Amy, she is just a dreamer. I just know that she won't be able to get Sonic as his boyfriend since she is so childish and so much obsessed with him.

Exactly my point.

Oh and Daze, I don't think Sega is too worried about losing their "doritos."
    And you just made me hungry, thanks a lot. :p
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:17 pm

SEGA doesn't have Doritos. They have CHEETOS!! Razz

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:57 am

XD oh yeah, thats Nintendo LOL!
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:32 am

I like cheetohs too. o.o Why not mix them together? Oh wait...
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Back on topic nowz.
    Amy is just too young for Sonic. xP Sonic's what, 16?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:14 am

Amy's 12!
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Dash Points : 27

Post by EchidnaPower Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:49 am

dazethehedghog wrote:Amys 12!

fixed.
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:21 am

12. Razz The games say 12.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:19 am

No but by NOW she will be 14!
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:55 am

That means Amy has been 12 since 1998. LOL.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:10 am

I know right! XD She's way older now!
    supersonicdx
    supersonicdx
    Master
    Master

Dash Points : 12

Post by supersonicdx Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:48 am

SonicChao4Life wrote:That means Amy has been 12 since 1998. LOL.

Maybe pretty pink anthropomorphic hedgehogs don't age. Wink

Post by Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:51 am

No cos if Sonic is, hang on, how old is Sonic again?
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:44 am

27. :O
    In games, he's 15. He's been 15 for too long xD

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:16 am

Wow, Well anyways she's at least 14!
    supersonicdx
    supersonicdx
    Master
    Master

Dash Points : 12

Post by supersonicdx Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:15 pm

dazethehedghog wrote:Wow, Well anyways she's at least 14!

Oi, not officially Daze, Sega claims her to be 12. Yes, i do think characters need to age, mature etc. but I guess that's just how Sega rolls, facts are certain.
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Dash Points : 27

Post by EchidnaPower Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:27 pm

supersonicdx wrote:
    dazethehedghog wrote:Wow, Well anyways she's at least 14!

Oi, not officially Daze, Sega claims her to be 12. Yes, i do think characters need to age, mature etc. but I guess that's just how Sega rolls, facts are certain.

Amy has matured, at least a little. There is a small controversy about whether she's 12 or 13, but the official stat is indeed 12. But not aging doesn't necessarily affect maturity. (Ask another franchise with a character whose name begins with 'A')
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:29 pm

"A" meaning Ash Ketchum, right? Razz
    Anyways, I think Amy isn't exactly Sonic's type.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:33 am

She could be, I read in an article by someone from SEGA that over time Amy is maturing more and more and that Sonic is starting to like her

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 am