Welcome Guest !
(Forum still under construction)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Guest !
(Forum still under construction)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attention, members. Please visit the Announcements before posting anywhere. And yes, the forum is still under construction.

4 posters

Sally Acorn

EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Dash Points : 27

Sally Acorn Empty Sally Acorn

Post by EchidnaPower Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:26 pm

I don't understand what it is about her that make some people hate Amy so much. Maybe someone can explain it to me?
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Dash Points : 18
    Location : Unknown. I can't tell you, or it wouldn't be a secret.

Sally Acorn Empty Re: Sally Acorn

Post by SonicChao4Life Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:32 pm

EchidnaPower wrote:I don't understand what it is about her that make some people hate Amy so much. Maybe someone can explain it to me?
    Sonic met Sally before Amy. That's my one reason. Razz

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:13 am

Thats not true! Thats only in the comics, in fact Sonic CD was in production near enough Sonic 2 but uner a different name and was delayed!
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

dazethehedghog wrote:Thats not true! Thats only in the comics, in fact Sonic CD was in production near enough Sonic 2 but uner a different name and was delayed!
    Sonic Team was divided in 2. One half made Sonic 2, the other Sonic CD. That explains why Sonic CD didn't have Super Sonic.
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Amy was created by Sega of Japan. Princess Sally was created by DIC. Although I could be totally wrong about this...in any case...Sally was created specifically for SatAM and the comics as a love interest for Sonic...but Amy was created as a love interest for Sonic in the games.
    Granted, a friend of mine claims that Amy actually originated in a really old Japanese Sonic manga.
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:48 pm

MauEvig wrote:A friend of mine claims that Amy actually originated in a really old Japanese Sonic manga.
    That is actually true. I have also seen Sally Acorn in Sonic Spinball before, because Sonic Spinball was made by Sega Technical Institute (AKA: Sega of America)
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:44 pm

The question is, is Sonic Spinball canon to the other games or not? A lot of SatAm fans will use Sonic Spinball as their little proof that Sally belongs in the games.
    EchidnaPower
    EchidnaPower
    Master
    Master

Dash Points : 27

Post by EchidnaPower Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:22 pm

The Freedom Fighters universe has been used before. Mean Bean Machine anyone? But no, I don't trust Sonic Spinball and the older games as truly "canon" because there was no storyline to be canon to.
    MauEvig
    MauEvig
    Flying TOO high
    Flying TOO high

Post by MauEvig Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Mean bean machine wasn't the "freedom fighters" Universe, or the SatAM universe. It was the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog universe.
    Remember, in the '90s there were two popular Sonic cartoons.
    Back then, I didn't even know much about Amy, or anything about Japan for that matter. The first time I heard about Amy was in Sonic CD, and they called her "Princess Sally" in that game. Then that turned out not to be her real name.
    Pretty much, people identified with the Americanized version of Sonic, and thus thought that Amy was replacing Sally I think.
    I think it was actually the comics where I learned Amy's real name, because they wanted to put her in the comics without confusing her with Sally; this was for an adaptation of Sonic CD in Issue #25.
    Thus a lot of old School Sonic fans still prefer Sonic and Sally, believing they are soul mates. I always thought Sally was too mean to Tails though. XP
    SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:40 am

Bah. Razz
    JustSheir
    JustSheir
    Graduated Hero
    Graduated Hero

Dash Points : 1

Post by JustSheir Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:21 am

Are you a SonSally fan?
    Yes?
    Does the majority of people supporting SonAmy tick you off?
    yes?
    Does Amy seem a worse choise for Sonic to you?
    Yes?
    Does Amy seem like an annoying childish girl who is gettign in the way?
    Yes?
    Then hate her. Hate her until she disappears.

Same goes for Cosmo of the Tails/Cream front (An other reason that makes em hate the pairing)

It goes both ways, people who like Sally ship SonSally, people who ship SonAmy are Amy fans and think their character is the best and better and one is game/cannon and one is from a comic not made my sega, more people hate Sally for bias reasons than the other way around.
    THey're both as un-offical as the next.

Pairings result in msot hate 'cause of fangirling/boying and fan-shipping..

Ever heard of die for our ship?

I'll save you the search.
    Amy Rose in Sonic The Hedgehog (and to some extent, Sally Acorn in the Archie Sonic comics) is forever reviled by Sonic/Tails slash shippers, a prospect made easier due to her Stalker With A Crush status. The Sally and Amy fans also hate each other's characters, each blaming the others' chosen character for making the series Jump The Shark and Flanderization destroying theirs.

• Don't forget Elise, Sonic's awkward love interest in Sonic 06. She's hated by Sonamy fans and even just fans who hate her for her personality.
    • Depending on what is supported, Shadow, Knuckles, and Rouge are subjected to this treatment, with Rouge being portrayed as an evil seductress trying to lure Knuckles and Shadow away from each other by the Shadow/Knuckles shippers, Shadow being portrayed as a gun-toting manic by the Knuckles/Rouge shippers, and Knuckles being portrayed as abusive and obsessive by the Rouge/Shadow shippers.
    • This is also the case with the Shadamy shippers, who usually portray Sonic as a Jerkass who doesn't want Amy until she's off with someone else.
    • Many fanfics kill Sonic off in order to pair Amy up with... Mecha Sonic.
    • In the case of Sonic X, there is mutual hatred between fans of Cosmo/Tails and Cream/Tails, though as far as the series goes, Cosmo is the only girl Tails actually shows romantic interest in.

• Also in Sonic X, Molly is bashed for trying to steal Maria away from Shadow. The ironic thing is that Maria is already dead by the time Molly is introduced.

SonicChao4Life
    SonicChao4Life
    Master
    Master

Post by SonicChao4Life Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:41 am

Sally Acorn Icon_eek
    I hate Sonamy and SonSally. I only support Tailsmo due to a deleted scene where Tails goes "Cosmo... I really love you..." right in her face.
    But JustShier has a point. So many canon couples out there.
    JustSheir
    JustSheir
    Graduated Hero
    Graduated Hero

Dash Points : 1

Post by JustSheir Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Don't forget the dub in the end deleted him saying 'BUT I- I LOVE YOU COSMO-' and replaced it with 'BUT UR MAI FWEND' 'cause kid's ears shouldn't hear 'love'.

Besides not all are cannon, but they certainly bring an out come on the fan's character liking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:40 pm